DISCRIMINATION against the disabled has no place in any business, ever.
But a Benidorm pub accused of a ‘hate crime’ and an ‘infringement on human rights’ is taking political correctness too far.
A travel agency organising night’s out to the Costa Blanca destination told the Olive Press that the ‘dwarves’ were not ‘forced into it’.
It can be difficult for people suffering from achondroplasia, otherwise known as dwarfism, to find work.
But as social media commentators have commented that dwarves can make up to ‘€200’ an hour from their trade, the business of stag and hen parties is a lucrative proposition.
If they are there just to be humiliated and laughed at, then that should be stamped out.
But if they are entertainers who enjoy giving partygoers a laugh, then what’s wrong with that?
Chaplin’s declined to comment when contacted by this newspaper.
But if an upcoming investigation finds their dwarf to be proud of his work, and doing it without any coercion or humiliation, then we should crouch behind him.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43