SIX municipalities in Alicante have been named in the list of Spain’s 50 poorest areas, according to Spain’s National Institute of Statistics.
Almoradi was ranked 12th poorest, with a per capita income of €7.148, followed by Torrevieja (€7,271) and Calpe (€7,287), in 16th and 17th place respectively.
In 23rd came Crevillent (€7,541), in 37th came Aspe (€7,763) and in 50th place the list ended with Alfaz del Pi (€7,903).
Just one municipality in the Valencian community registered on the list of Spain’s 50 richest municipalities, with Betera per capita income of €13,043 in 50th place.
Madrid’s Pozuelo de Alarcon, which is where footballer stars like Gareth Bale reside, was ranked Spain’s richest municipality with an average income of €25,957.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43