WHEN flights from Liverpool to Madrid sold out for the Champions League final weekend, dedicated fans took desperate measures to reach the Spanish capital.
But for one bus of Liverpool fans, their 30-hour journey just got even worse when urine from the toilet leaked onto their luggage on Thursday night.
Reds fan Jamie took to Twitter to reveal that almost all the suitcases on his bus were soaked.
Writing while on a stopover, he said: “80 per cent of the bags are covered in p*** cos there’s been a leak hahahaha.”
The group set off from Liverpool at around midday on Thursday, and the toilet sprang a leak before they reached the ferry.
Unlucky fans had another 20 hours on a coach filled with the stench of urine, before arriving in Madrid on Friday.
Jamie’s luggage fortunately avoided getting wet, however other fans were not quite as lucky.
Jamie wrote: “Mine’s sound but some old man literally has no undies left for the full trip because they’re drenched in stale p***.”
“What a p***take,” another commented.
Jamie claimed some thrifty fans were already offering to sell their underwear to make a bit of cash.
- Exodus to Madrid begins as first set of British expats set off from Marbella for historic Liverpool v Tottenham…
- Liverpool fan buys €45 car to drive to Champion League final in Spain after rejecting costly Madrid flights
- Police in Spain plan record level security as British fans arrive for Madrid Champions League Clash
More than 100,000 British football fans are expected to descend on the Spanish capital and drink the city dry.
Air traffic control provider Nats said Friday would likely be the UK airspace’s busiest ever day, with more than 9,000 flights to take to the skies.
- Dutchman donates 3,000kg of organic ‘solidarity potatoes’ to help struggling families in Javea - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 10:03
- WATCH: Plane drops water on Sierra Helada national park as forest fire blazes above Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 20:06
- WATCH: Brit claim that he ‘slipped’ by pool to recover 37,000 euro hospital bill in Mallorca FAILS after video shows him jumping into a tree - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 15:07
- ‘HE LIKES IT’: Benidorm bar responds to claims that midget stripper advert was a ‘hate crime’ - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 12:12
- BREAKING: First chikungunya outbreak in Spain as three tourists on the Costa Blanca are infected - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Girl of THREE among 79 illegal immigrants intercepted as Guardia Civil arrests Alicante-based trafficking gang - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 13:27
- PICTURED: Romanian woman beheaded on the Costa Blanca as police say arrest ‘imminent’ - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:40
- WATCH: British-run restaurant blocked by ‘two truck loads’ of rubble as neighbour demands 150,000 for strip of land - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:36
- Three ‘pirate taxis’ confiscated from illicit drivers at Alicante-Elche Airport - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 17:51
- Javea’s Cova Tallada to become first beach in Valencian Community with restricted visitor access due to tourism pressure - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:43