A BRIT dad has been left unable to recognise loved ones after stumbling onto a motorway in Spain and being struck by a car.
39-year-old Hadyn Atwood has remained in critical care at a Malaga hospital after the horrific crash and is said to be suffering memory loss.
“They’re worried if he’s strong enough for the operations and worried about his heart.
“He also has memory loss. They’re trying to keep him relaxed and calm, but he’s frustrated and doesn’t know who people are.
“He seems to have gone downhill a lot in himself,” said his mother-in-law Suzanne Gater, 58.
The incident came on the first day of a family break in Malaga on the Costa del Sol.
The dad has been left with internal bleeding and had no travel insurance so his family face a hefty bill to bring him home by air ambulance.
A Foreign Office spokesperson confirmed: “We are assisting the family of a British man who has been hospitalised in Spain.”
- Police in Spain detain gang accused of financing Al-Qaeda terrorism in Syria - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:25
- Murdered mother of five in Andalucia becomes Spain’s 1,000th gender violence victim - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 18:41
- Warning over ruthless Costa Blanca thieves ‘spiking Brits’ in Benidorm with date rape drugs - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- Spain calls on UK to negotiate ‘colonial situation’ of Gibraltar at UN committee meeting - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:05
- Spain slammed after new report finds 100,000 people with disabilities are trapped at home - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 14:18
- UK minister issues summer job prison warning for Brits on Spain holiday island - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- Ex Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo adds to luxury supercar collection with new €850,000 McLaren Senna - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 17:12
- Family of Mallorca climber killed in fall blast authorities in Spain over long wait for news of body - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 16:13
- Former IRA bomber, known as the ‘Angel of Death’ jailed in Spain alongside husband over Costas property scam - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:56
- Young British rock climber dies after falling 60ft in Mallorca - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:05