A BOA constrictor has been confiscated from an expat who was offering pics with the serpent for cash on the Costa del Sol.
The 35-year-old, from Slovakia, was charging tourists and locals €5 per snap on La Malagueta beach in Malaga.
His friend was displaying a blackboard which said the price would jump to €8 for two people.
The pair were allegedly unaware that what they were doing was illegal, considering that the boa constrictor is a protected species included in the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
The Slovakian said he owned the snake for seven years and that he bought it in the UK.
He claimed it was recently brought over to Spain but did not have any documents proving his purchase.
The unnamed man was carrying the snake in a leather bag, which police said had a hole in it that the creature could have easily escaped through.
It was classified by the authorities as a wild animal and has been transferred to the Zoosanitary Centre.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26