A FOREIGN artist has re-imagined Malaga minus the tourism and construction boom.
In a series of photoshopped images, Katharina Fitz has returned the coastline of the provincial capital to a place inhabited only by fishermen, the sun’s warmth and the blue of the Med.
In the Austrian’s work, entitled Málaga-Paracosmic Houses, Fitz has separated a row of the city’s iconic Pedregalejo houses and placed each one detached among a backdrop of the beach.
The images are designed to criticise the ‘loss of personality’ in areas of the province due to decades of tourism and construction booms.
Fitz explains: “The partial loss of the community spirit of the once bustling fishing village is illustrated by the visual isolation of the houses.
“This focuses the viewers attention on the unique character of each individual building as it stands alone in space; the houses are transformed into protagonists within the images. “
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26