Italian opera star Andrea Bocelli will perform a concert of traditional and modern songs the night after the Gibraltar Calling festival, it has been revealed.
The blind star, 51, will perform with his son Matteo Bocelli whose chart-topping album has sent shockwaves in the classical charts.
“It is a first for Andrea who has never been here before,” organiser Richard Coram told the Olive Press.
“I never doubt it will be anything but a standing ovation at the end of the night.
“Let’s not forget he will be performing with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra who sell out halls constantly.”
The concert will be split between into two halves. The first will see Bocelli sing traditional operas and the second perform his more commercial material like his work with Ed Sheeran.
After the event sold out in just two days the organisers are trying to find ways of fitting more people into the venue at Europa Point.
- ‘The closure of the border shaped us as a people,’ says Deputy Chief Minister, comparing historic event to Brexit - 9 Jun, 2019 @ 15:28
- Challenges ahead as Brexit turmoil looms for Gibraltar, says Deputy chief minister - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 08:57
- Robbie Williams ‘to join’ Take That performance at Gibraltar Calling festival - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 16:30
- Tickets for opera star Andrea Bocelli concert in Gibraltar sell out in just two days - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Nearly 400 new affordable homes to be built at North Mole in Gibraltar - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 19:33
- Lib Dem leader Vince Cable issues stark Brexit warning for Gibraltar in EXCLUSIVE Olive Press interview - 26 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- Vince Cable says Brexit will ‘really hurt’ Gibraltar while Rachel Johnson calls for Article 50 to be revoked - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:15
- WATCH: Claims of cover-up after year-old footage leaks of near fatal disaster at Gibraltar’s dry dock - 14 May, 2019 @ 16:08
- Huge apartment block will be one of Gibraltar’s tallest buildings and sit at new entrance to the Rock - 28 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- SIR JOE BOSSANO: Spain’s far-right Vox party spells trouble for Gibraltar border - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 11:30