A 21-YEAR-OLD paedophile has been arrested in Alicante for allegedly grooming at least 10 children online across southern Spain.
The suspect is believed to have paid children under the age of 13 to send images of a sexual nature in exchange for cash, ranging from €200 to €500.
He gained the trust of his victims by posing as an underage girl himself, police said.
Once he had built up trust with a victim, he would ask them for sexual photos and videos.
Police said he also tried to arrange to meet the girls to try and have sexual relations with them, but that none of the meetings materialised.
Upon a search of his home, investigators found a smartphone which has so far identified 10 victims spread across Alicante, Valencia and Sevilla.
Police said there may be more victims.
The suspect has been released on the condition that he cannot approach any school or be involved in any activity involving minors.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29