It comes after English newspapers in Spain said today that the British government had issued a new alert this week.
But a Foreign & Commonwealth Office spokesperson told the Olive Press today: “These articles come via a Daily Star article.
“The article was simply founded on existing language which can all be found in our travel advice, and has been the case for some time.
“There’s no sudden increase on our part.
Spain, meanwhile, is believed to have ramped up security for the summer season, as it has done for several years now.
“As for the UK’s advice to tourists, this is extensively supplied throughout our individual travel advice pages.”
According to respected Spanish national La Razon, based in Madrid, there will be 40,000 additional troops deployed across the country focusing specifically on anti-terror operations.
The last update to the UK Government’s travel advice for Brits heading to Spain, however, was on June 3.
This was an update that concerned information related to the UEFA Champions League final in Madrid on June 1.
This advice remains unchanged.
- OPINION: Is it any wonder racism flourishes in Spain, when a teacher of all people, feels she can call black men ‘monkeys’? - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 18:44
- SHOEDUNIT: Man cuffed in Spain’s Andalucia after hiding kilo of hash in trainers - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 14:58
- Spain’s FIRST boutique hotel with craft beer microbrewery opens on Costa del Sol - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:25
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Fabian Picardo meets Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt for Brexit and Iran crunch talks - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:49
- British cyclist Chris Froome awarded 2011 Vuelta a Espana after Spanish champion stripped of title over doping - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:08
- Ex-soldier shoots wife dead with rifle from terrace before killing himself outside ex-wife’s home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:22
- IS IT YOURS?: Police in Spain’s Andalucia search for owner of €400 found in hotel - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 11:44
- Over 1 million people in Spain sign petitions supporting euthanasia, to be put before Government on Friday - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 00:00
- Gibraltar Chief Minister Picardo meets outgoing UK Prime Minister Theresa May to discuss Iran crisis and Brexit - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:35
- Blood-soaked man arrested after allegedly stabbing dad to death before taking bus to hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 19:08