A BRITISH family have launched a last-ditch appeal to find missing dad Edward Cook almost 10 years after he vanished from Spain.
Cook, 54, originally from Huyton in Merseyside, was last seen dropping off his daughter Lucia at Alicante airport back in April 2011.
He had been staying at Camping Villa Mar campsite in Benidorm and was also known to regularly frequent Marbella on the Costa del Sol.
“We are desperate for closure,” Lucia, now 18, told the Olive Press today, “it’s been so hard not knowing what happened to him.”
The Liverpool-born teen, who was 10 when she last saw her dad, added that the family wanted to try one more time for information before applying for a death certificate.
“It’s such a hard thing to do but after so many years it’s really difficult to believe he is alive somewhere.
“Anyone who knows my dad knows what a great father he is and that he would never leave me at 10-years-old.
“We just want some answers.”
Edward, who also has connections to Dublin in Ireland, is white and 5ft 10in tall with a tanned complexion, short brown hair, blue eyes and a Scouse accent.
If you know anything about Edward’s case or what may have happened to him, contact [email protected]
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31