MASTERCHEF España has come to a close in Denia with Aleix Puig, 26, winning the 7th edition of the series.
The series descended into scandal in the semis when the four hopefuls served up Catalan dishes, including crema catalana, in Valencia.
To save its reputation, the hit cooking show visited Quique Dacosta’s three Michelin-starred restaurant in Denia.
Participants were asked to make traditional almond turrón, followed by Callosa d’En Sarrià cheese and truffles from Morella.
Aleix, a fishmonger from Barcelona, beat contestants Aitana and Valentin to secure the top prize.
Denia is renowned as a hotspot for Valencian cuisine, having been named as a Creative City of Gastronomy by UNESCO.
- French couple, 80 and 66, injured after paddling pool crashes through terrace floor into garage below on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 18:12
- OWN MEDICINE: Lawyer arrested in Murcia court after speeding to a trial on a traffic accident - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Instagram sensation in northern Spain turns out to be TOXIC lake - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 10:31
- British holidaymaker, 23, could be ‘permanently paralysed’ after breaking neck on waterslide in Benidorm’s Aqualandia - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 07:59
- British companies accused of charging Spain-bound tourists for medical insurance already covered by EHIC cards - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 15:00
- Residents on Costa Blanca mountainside who cut pine branches poking into their windows claim police turned up demanding they obtain ‘a permit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:00
- UK Pupils studying foreign languages fall by almost ‘20%’ in last five years as British Council report blames ‘Brexit’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- Coal use falls to ‘historic low’ of just 1.7% in Spain’s electricity mix - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 09:30
- Alicante rapist jailed for 12 years after claiming asylum seeker, 26, could not report him because she was an ‘illegal immigrant’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 03:38
- IN PICS: Forest fire escalates on Spain’s Costa Blanca as 45 people are evacuated - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 20:04