TAXI driver rapist John Worboys had been learning Spanish as part of a plan for a new life on Spain’s costas.
The 62-year-old, who now goes by the name John Derek Radford, had hoped he would eventually be released to start a new life in Spain.
But the serial rapist looks set to spend the rest of his life behind bars at Wakefield jail after massive public uproar at his pending release.
“He had all the books and DVDs and was becoming pretty fluent.
“He wanted to eventually live in Spain where, worryingly, he’d be totally anonymous and God only knows what he’d get up to out there mixing with tourists.
“He had also changed his name so he could slip under the radar.
“Now it has all been for nothing. You don’t need much Spanish in Wakefield nick,” a source at the prison told the Daily Star.
Worboys was jailed in 2009 for a spate of sex assaults on 12 women in London.
He could have obtained permission to travel abroad from probation officers after a parole board deemed him to be no longer a danger.
But the decision is expected to be reversed when Worboys goes in-front of a Judge to be sentenced in September after he admitted to sex attacks on four more women.
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28