A DRIVER has died in flash floods after being dragged from their vehicle.
The unidentified victim, was found lifeless, floating in the streets of Ezprogui in northern Spain.
It comes after torrential rains in Navarre were triple those that were predicted.
The towns of Tafalla, Olite and Pueyo are among the worst affected.
Dramatic footage shows streets turned into rivers as cars are fully submerged by rising waters.
Tafalla is about 35 kilometres from Pamplona, which is currently hosting the San Fermin festival.
Roads in Tafalla were cut off, trains were interrupted and people had to be rescued from their cars.
Freak weather caused the Cidacos River, which runs through the town, to burst its banks yesterday afternoon.
The Emergency Plan, level 1 has now been instigated, while the Red Cross, police and firefighters have been responding.
A 5:40pm yesterday the Cidacos was only recorded at 11cm deep, but by 11:10pm last night had reached 4.23 metres and was flowing at 275 cubic metres per second.
This is the area’s second largest flood since records began, the biggest being in 2007.
At midnight Spain’s state weather agency AEMET recorded 159.7 litres of rain per square metre per hour in Guetadar and of 100.2 litres in Tafalla.
This followed 13 provinces being placed on orange warning – meaning important risk – yesterday.
These were: Teruel, Zaragoza, Albacete, Cuenca, Burgos, Palencia, Soria, Valladolid, Zamora, Castello, Valencia, Ourense and La Rioja.
Areas of Aragon and Catalunya currently remain on the lesser yellow alert, while Menorca is on orange alert for sudden rises of sea level.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36