AN IT meltdown at Gatwick airport has seen 12 flights cancelled and a man heading to Spain trapped beyond the boarding gate.
Yesterday 28 flights were cancelled and 26 were diverted following major issues with air traffic control.
The control tower was affected for about two hours from around 5pm onwards.
Gatwick bosses today confirmed that one departure and 11 arrivals had been cancelled.
A spokesperson blamed the new cancellations on planes being in the wrong place following Wednesday’s disruption.
It comes as Colin Franks, an EasyJet passenger, travelling to Palma de Mallorca, said he became ‘trapped between the boarding gate and the air bridge’.
He added: “At the moment, everybody is talking to one another and it’s quite cheery. There are a lot of children here.”
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36