THE eldest son of Mango founder Isak Andic has been arrested for the suspected murder of his billionaire father in Catalunya.
Jonathan Andic was detained by the Mossos d’Esquadra police force as part of an ongoing investigation into the fashion mogul’s death.
The billionaire businessman died on December 14, 2024, after plunging from a mountain path in the Montserrat mountain range.
His son had already been under investigation in a case that was kept strictly under a judicial gagging order.

Catalan police have now decided to officially arrest the heir as a preliminary step before placing him at the disposal of a judge.
Isak Andic, 71, died when he went for a hike with Jonathan in his home region of Catalunya.
He fell down a 150-metre slope by the Collbato Caves in the Montserrat mountain range.
READ MORE:
- Spain reopens investigation into death of billionaire Mango founder in Barcelona
- Mourning in the fashion world: Founder of highstreet chain Mango, 71, dies while hiking with son near Spain’s Barcelona

Their relationship was apparently strained at the time and the excursion was said to be a reconciliation after a series of disagreements.
Jonathan Andic, 45, is a Mango board member and the presumptive heir of his father’s personal fortune – estimated at over €4 billion.
Police at the time said there were no indications of a crime being committed on December 14.
Their stance changed when statements given by Jonathan were found to be inconsistent with evidence discovered by officers who analysed where his father fell.
The area was said to be not especially dangerous for hikers.
They also took a statement from Isak Andic’s girlfriend, the ex-professional golfer, Estefania Knuth.
Their low-profile affair started in 2018 and was said to have created a rift between father and son.
Click here to read more Barcelona News from The Olive Press.




