SIR Ben Kingsley, best known for his starring role in gangster flick Sexy Beast, will make a welcome return to Andalucia to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Sevilla European Film Festival this week.
His last work-related visit to Spain was in 2001 to play the psychotic Don Logan in the cult movie directed by Jonathan Glazer.
The film was mostly filmed on location in Agua Amarga in Cabo de Gata, Almeria.
He co-starred coincidentally alongside Ray Winstone, who is also appearing in one of the festivals films, ’44 Inch Chest’ by Malcolm Venville.
Britain is the guest country at this year’s festival with numerous British feature films and documentaries being shown.
The festival is on till November 14. For more information go to www.festivaldesevilla.com.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00