SIR Ben Kingsley, best known for his starring role in gangster flick Sexy Beast, will make a welcome return to Andalucia to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Sevilla European Film Festival this week.
His last work-related visit to Spain was in 2001 to play the psychotic Don Logan in the cult movie directed by Jonathan Glazer.
The film was mostly filmed on location in Agua Amarga in Cabo de Gata, Almeria.
He co-starred coincidentally alongside Ray Winstone, who is also appearing in one of the festivals films, ’44 Inch Chest’ by Malcolm Venville.
Britain is the guest country at this year’s festival with numerous British feature films and documentaries being shown.
The festival is on till November 14. For more information go to www.festivaldesevilla.com.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27