By Wendy Williams
CONVICTED rapist Larry Murphy is now believed to be living in France.
As reported in the Olive Press last week, news that one of Ireland’s most dangerous sex offenders had relocated to Costa del Sol, sparked panic in the area.
But new reports confirm the 45-year-old, who successfully applied for a passport and driver’s licence while still behind bars, has now moved to France.
It is unknown if this was always his intention of if he was forced to change his plans due to the intense media attention caused by his arrival on the coast.
However, an agreement has now been reached with French police for Murphy to live there under close supervision, providing he complies with the same procedures applied under the Sex Offenders Register.
He will need to keep police up-to-date of his whereabouts however he will not be required to sign in or report to local police stations.
Gardai now believe it is unlikely Murphy will return to his native Ireland due to the amount of publicity his case attracted and the ongoing speculation that surrounds his alleged involvement with the disappearance of six other women.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00