FRYING water may sound impossible.
But it is the title of a fascinating new exhibition focusing on the work of three chefs, Elena Arzak, Xabier Gutiérrez and Igor Zalakain.
From the world renowned three Michelin starred Basque restaurant Arzak in San Sebastien the trio are credited for their culinary masterpieces.
Now, this exhibition combining food and art, gives the public a chance to see their creative process.
It reveals how they carry out their culinary research with the unique multimedia installation by Marta Arzak being divided into seven sections.
There are: recipes, the spice room, preparation in a flash (a speeded-up projection of the different stages of preparation), getting the “crack” (an audio recording of some of the usual sounds in the laboratory), culinary terms, smashing dishes (showing different ways of presenting food) and a dead end, (real images of tests, both successful and unsuccessful).
Chef Elena Arzak said: “There is a creativity that develops in the kitchen comparable to other artistic activities.”
The exhibition at the Fundacion Pilar I Joan Miro in Mallorca runs until January 9, 2011.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00