REAL Madrid will be thankful Sergio Ramos doesn’t play in goal after he dropped the Copa del Rey trophy in front of a bus.
The defender was part of an open-top parade through Madrid in the early hours of Thursday morning, as the team celebrated their 1-0 win over Barcelona.
The trophy fell from the top deck and disappeared under the wheel of the bus as thousands of exuberant fans watched on, with the driver unable to stop in time.
The cup, Real’s first piece of silverware since 2008, was retrieved by firefighters, with reports suggesting it had been smashed into 10 different pieces.
However, Ramos later made light of the incident, using his Twitter account to announce “Don’t worry, it is fine.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02