AN expat Briton set to walk the length of Spain to raise money for cancer charities is appealing for help with accommodation on his travels.
Bob Carr, from Basingstoke, will spend 13 weeks beginning on May 7 walking 1,300km from Santander in the north of Spain all the way to Algeciras.
But with just weeks before he starts, he is struggling to find a bed for the night in some of the smaller remote villages en route.
Carr said: “I am really finding it difficult to find places to stay in some of the smaller towns particularly in the early stages in the north and I would appreciate any help.
“Of course, I am really looking forward to it now and I’m very excited although a little daunted as it is a long way to walk.”
Now Carr is hoping Olive Press readers may be able to point him in the right direction for accommodation.
And he is encouraging people to walk with him.
The aim is to raise 10,000 euros for Cancer Research UK and the Spanish equivalent CNIO.
Anyone who might be able to help or who wants to join him on part of the walk can email: [email protected]
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46