- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
British woman beheaded in Tenerife supermarket named
• BEHEADING: Witnesses said the deranged man used a large knife or machete he picked up in the supermarket to stab and decapitate the British resident
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
A BRITISH woman was attacked and decapitated in a Chinese supermarket in Los Cristianos on the holiday island of Tenerife yesterday afternoon.
Witnesses said the deranged man used a large knife or machete he picked up in the supermarket to stab and decapitate the 60-year-old Jennifer Mills-Westley. He then ran out into the street covered in blood, carrying his victim’s head and telling passers-by, “This is my treasure”.
Police arrested the man as he was struggling with a security guard and members of the public and trying to escape.
Spanish media reports name the suspect as 28-year-old Deyan Valentinov, who is believed to be a homeless Bulgarian man with a history of mental illness.
The British Foreign Office said the British consul has contacted the woman’s family.
Tenerife is home to about one million residents and one of Spain’s most popular tourist destinations.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]