By Steve Gilmour, of TRE
THIS was the concert I had been looking forward to all summer – Earth, Wind and Fire, at the Puente Romano Hotel, Marbella.
Whoever had the idea to host summer concerts at Marbella’s Puente Romano tennis club is a genius. And legendary Earth, Wind and Fire didn’t disappoint.
Whether it was the full moon or the beauty of the venue, but the crowd were buzzing and on their feet from the word go.
Consisting of 13 members, including three lead vocalists and a five-piece horn section, Al McKay and his ‘All Stars’ provided 90 minutes of pure entertainment.
Their biggest hits, including Fantasy, Boogie Wonderland and Lets Groove, came towards the end when the 2,300 strong audience went nuts.
Indeed, it wasn’t long before I had gone through all my repertoire of disco moves from the 1970s and 1980s.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46