CHERIE Blair is to appear at the Rock Hotel as the guest speaker at a legal conference.
The wife of beleaguered ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair is to give the Sir Joshua Hassan Lecture on November 24.
Appearing under her maiden name Cherie Booth QC, she is expected to speak on various points of law.
The barrister, who has regularly campaigned for women’s issues through her own foundation, recently courted controversy after it emerged she is involved in a launch of private health clinics in the UK.
According to the Daily Mail, Blair is working with a staunch Republican businesswoman who is opening clinics in supermarkets.
The annual lecture is a tribute to the memory of Sir Joshua Hassan, the uncle of James Levy QC, a senior partner at Hassans.
Levy said: “It is a great honour to have someone of her calibre join us on this memorable evening.
“I look forward to her stay being a pleasant and memorable one.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46