- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
A wheel challenge for Gibraltar
October 24, 2011 at
9:20 am • LAST EDITED:
October 30, 2011 at
Gibraltar • 0 Comments
• Matt Downing began his One Wheel Across Europe journey in July
A BRIT has completed an epic challenge by riding 2,000 miles from Calais to Gibraltar on a unicycle to raise money for charity.
Matt Downing, from Cornwall, began his One Wheel Across Europe journey in July, covering 30 miles a day.
As well as raising money for Cancer Research UK, Downing used the stunt as a way of drawing attention to the environmental impact of flying.
“I like to think I have left a trail of smiling and confused faces all the way from Calais to Gibraltar, and met wonderful people along the way,” Downing wrote on his blog.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others