IT’S fantastic to hear that leading internet analyst Alexa.com now rates the Olive Press as Spain’s 4,668th most important website.
Based on traffic we are also 148,210 in the world out of 30 million websites looked at.
This is a great improvement from 196,000, just six months ago, but most importantly we have discovered that each of our readers spends an average of five minutes per visit.
They are also predominantly male between 35 and 55 ‘with postgraduate education’ and earning between 60,000 and 100,000 euros a year.
Some 17 per cent of them come from the US and 57 per cent from Spain.
We always knew our print version was popular (we are up again to 26,000 copies per issue), but it’s reassuring to know our website has been getting plenty of hits too.
And for a site that’s been running just five years, that isn’t bad at all.
In fact, it’s now streaks ahead of Sur in English (at 275,043 in the world) and level with Euro Weekly News, which has been going more than twice as long.
Thanks for your continuing support.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46