TENNIS great Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario enjoyed the Marbella sunshine, despite her team losing in a major tennis tournament.
The Spanish captain praised the local fans despite being beaten by the Slovak Republic in the Fed Cup play-off.
“Playing at home is great, and we could hear the Spanish crowds supporting us,” the three-times French Open winner told the Olive Press at the Puente Romano Tennis Club.
Unfortunately the Spaniards, up against a Slovak team containing two world top 20 players, were eventually outdone – thereby losing their place in the Fed Cup’s top group.
It was an all round better tournament for Slovak player Daniela Hantuchova, who spent the following day lying on Marbella beach.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02