A NOVEL depicting the romance between two famous war photographers who spent time in Andalucia during the Spanish Civil War is to be made into a film.
Waiting for Robert Capa by Susana Fortes will be brought to life by Michael Mann, the award-winning director of films including Heat and Public Enemies.
The book focuses on the relationship between Capa and Gerda Taro, who spent time on the Cordoba front during the conflict.
The pair photographed crowds of villagers in Cerro Muriano fleeing their homes as the fascists rained down shells on the village.
The relationship ended in tragedy when Taro died from injuries sustained while embedded with Republican troops near Brunete, at the age of 26.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02