- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Sharp shooters in Andalucia
• LEGACY: War photographer Robert Capa in action
A NOVEL depicting the romance between two famous war photographers who spent time in Andalucia during the Spanish Civil War is to be made into a film.
Waiting for Robert Capa by Susana Fortes will be brought to life by Michael Mann, the award-winning director of films including Heat and Public Enemies.
The book focuses on the relationship between Capa and Gerda Taro, who spent time on the Cordoba front during the conflict.
The pair photographed crowds of villagers in Cerro Muriano fleeing their homes as the fascists rained down shells on the village.
The relationship ended in tragedy when Taro died from injuries sustained while embedded with Republican troops near Brunete, at the age of 26.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…