- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Hohenlohe wedding in Ronda
• Desiree will marry in the Santa Maria cathedral
A HIGH-SOCIETY wedding will bring aristocrats from across Europe to Ronda tomorrow.
The bride-to-be is 32-year-old Desiree Hohenlohe, daughter of ‘playboy’ Prince Alfonso de Hohenlohe-Langenburg.
Prince Alfonso, who died in 2004, is famous for turning Marbella from a small fishing village into a tourist resort throughout the 1950s under Franco.
He had been sent to Andalucia from Germany to revive the family fortunes which had been lost after the fall of the Third Reich.
Alfonso went on to found the Marbella Club, the town’s first luxury hotel, and later boasted: “Thanks to my initiative, Marbella’s Golden Mile alone now provides 60,000 jobs.”
Desiree (left) will marry in Ronda’s beautiful Santa Maria Cathedral tomorrow.
While it is unlikely to be as scandalous an event as her father’s first marriage in 1955, a 16-day affair which caused outrage due to the fact his new bride was just 15 while he was 31 – Desiree’s big day will hopefully be a roaring success.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others