A TOWN councillor who resigned over a raunchy sex tape has changed her mind after receiving a barrage of support from colleagues.
The video of Olvido Hormigos Carpio, PSOE councillor at Los Yebenes Town Hall in Toledo, featured graphic footage of the mother-of-two naked and masturbating on a bed.
The home-made clip went viral on social networking sites, having allegedly been leaked by a 27-year-old footballer.
Carpio promptly filed a complaint with the Guardia Civil and resigned ‘out of respect for her family and to the PSOE’.
But PSOE’s vice-secretary general, Elena Valenciano urged Carpio to rethink her resignation via Twitter: “Don’t resign over this Olvido. Don’t even think about it,” she said.
Even rival party PP has shown support, with Madrid president Esperanza Aguirre stating Carpio deserves a right to privacy.
Carpio, who has now decided not to resign, has since accused the PP-ruled town hall of spreading the video, saying she saw it forwarded from an email account in the mayor’s office.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02