- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Spain blocks former Egyptian president’s assets
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SPANISH police have seized seven properties in Marbella as part of an international investigation against former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak.
The homes are part of €28 million of assets to be blocked in Spain, which also includes €18 million in investments in Spanish banks, two properties in Madrid and five luxury cars.
The seizure was carried out following a petition by the Egyptian government to block the assets of 130 people linked to the despot.
The 84-year-old, who ruled Egypt for three decades is serving a life sentence for failing to prevent the death of hundreds of protesters during 2013 Arab Spring uprising last year.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]