- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Spain best for children
• Most children in Spain grow up with both their natural parents
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SPANISH parents have come up trumps when it comes to their children’s stability.
Around 91.5% of children in Spain live with both their natural parents, making it the third most stable country for the under 14s after Finland and Greece.
Social commentators who helped commission the league table say the good positioning of Spain could be because of the countries high emphasis on marriage and family life.
A spokesman said: “Spain is a country that really values family life and marriage is still considered important.
“The older generations have passed down their values onto the younger ones who then strive to create a stable home life for their children.”
The stability league table was commissioned by the organisation of economic co-operation and development in 2007 and looked at every country in the Western World.
Spain was in joint third alongside the much smaller country of Luxembourg.
Britain came 27th in the table which revealed that only two thirds of children 14 or under are still living in the same household as their mum and dad.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past week.
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Take a look at the five most-read stories on the Olive Press website this week…