- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Policeman recovering in hospital after being shot in Gibraltar
January 18, 2013 at
1:06 pm • LAST EDITED:
February 9, 2013 at
Gibraltar • 25 Comments
• Europa Point where the shooting took place. PIC: GBC
A POLICEMAN seriously injured after being shot in Gibraltar is recovering in hospital after leaving intensive care.
The 38-year-old Gibraltar Defence Police officer is receiving specialist treatment in Spain after been shot in the abdomen at Europa Point on Tuesday.
Three men in their 30s arrested on suspicion of attempted murder are continuing to help police with their enquiries after a magistrate agreed to give officers more time to question the trio.
Two guns have been recovered, one from the sea bed, while six vehicles have been seized and nine properties searched on the Rock.
The shooting of the unnamed officer, who was off-duty at the time, is not thought to be linked to his work.
Police have appealed for anybody in the area of Europa Point on Tuesday between 3pm and 5.30pm to call 00350 200 72500.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…