- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Shakira and Pique host ‘virtual baby shower’
January 18, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
February 9, 2013
Celebrity • 0 Comments
• Shakira and Gerard Pique strike a pose
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
SOON-to-be parents Shakira and Gerard Pique have invited the public to their upcoming baby shower.
The ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ singer and her footballer boyfriend have opted for more charitable gift suggestions than the usual blankets and teddy bears though.
Teaming up with UNICEF to host a ‘virtual baby shower’, fans of the couple can purchase presents for some of the world’s most in-need children and communities.
Upon entering the website, visitors are greeted with a personal message from the pair reading: “As you all know, we will soon be welcoming our first child into the world, and to celebrate his birth we’ve organised a virtual baby shower in association with UNICEF.
“Thanks to all of you, they will receive therapeutic food packages, vaccines, and re-hydration salts which will help save the lives of hundred of thousands of babies throughout the world” added the singer.
While the due date has not yet been revealed, the couple will soon be joined by a baby boy at their home in Barcelona.
To visit the virtual baby shower click here
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]