- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
British and Spanish actors trade places
• British actors Ewan Mcgregor and Naomi Watts starred in Spanish film The Impossible
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THEY were hotly tipped to be among the awards nominees following starring roles in two of last year’s biggest films.
But in something of a role reversal, British actors Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts have been recognised in Spain while Spaniard Javier Bardem is among the contenders for a Bafta.
Bardem has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the British awards ceremony for his role as Bond villain Silva in Skyfall.
The 43-year-old – who won the same category for his portrayal of a serial killer in 2008 hit No Country for Old Men – has been overlooked in this year’s Oscars nominations.
Britons McGregor and Watts meanwhile, have been nominated for best actor and actress respectively at the prestigious Spanish Goya awards.
The pair played the role of a Spanish family who survived the 2004 Asian Tsunami in box office hit The Impossible.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]