- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Andalucia crowned Spanish rugby champs again
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE young rugby players of Andalucia under-18s have been crowned champions of Spain for the second year in a row.
The team travelled to Madrid to defend their national title against a ‘very strong and well organised Cataluna’.
In an incredibly close start, the teams finished the first half 8-8 with a try from Marbella star Jack Davies.
The second half saw Andalucia open up the game with tries from fellow Marbella players Facundo Munilla, Christian King and Pablo Miejimolle to finish up 27-20.
“This was an important match for Marbella rugby club as 12 of the starting 15 players are from the club. It again shows the depth of talent produced by Marbella each year,” said Marbella Rugby Club director David King.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past week.
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Aimee Pye from Liverpool jumps to the rescue of passenger that was having a seizure…
Giant catfish pulled out of the River Ebro…
Duke of Palma slammed for sexist and crude emails…