- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Banks skip community fee payments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
BANKS which have repossessed the homes of their clients have been failing to pay for the properties’ upkeep.
According to the Association of Property Administrators, Spanish banks in Malaga alone owe €9 million in community fees.
This money is vital for general upkeep and maintenance costs.
The debt from banks is estimated to be about 16% of all unpaid community debts in the province totalling around €61 million.
According to administrators, the condition of apartment blocks and developments could be at risk as a result.
Fernando Pastor, head of the Malaga branch of the association, said: “Residents are feeling indignation, especially in cases where they have watched their old neighbours being evicted from their homes because they couldn’t pay the banks.”
In some communities, remaining tenants have had to cut down on services like cleaning, maintenance, lighting and gardening in order to meet the costs of their upkeep.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]