- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce
• The association wants to protect the small producer
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
FRUIT producers in Axarquia are joining a new association which is asking the EU to give their crops protected status.
The new Spanish Association of Tropical Fruit Producers, based in Velez-Malaga, wants to attract 400 members from the Malaga and Granada Provinces.
It already has 50 members from Axarquia and the Costa Tropical.
An Association spokesman said they want to defend the interests of small producers.
It also wants to obtain a Protected Designation of Origin from the EU in order to define Andalucia fruits and defend their commercialisation.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Match in Equatorial Guinea causes outrage…