FRUIT producers in Axarquia are joining a new association which is asking the EU to give their crops protected status.
The new Spanish Association of Tropical Fruit Producers, based in Velez-Malaga, wants to attract 400 members from the Malaga and Granada Provinces.
It already has 50 members from Axarquia and the Costa Tropical.
An Association spokesman said they want to defend the interests of small producers.
It also wants to obtain a Protected Designation of Origin from the EU in order to define Andalucia fruits and defend their commercialisation.
- Fruit growers fight to safeguard Costa produce - 8 Mar, 2013 @ 12:35
- More bad weather to come in Andalucia - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 14:29
- Axarquia shop owners to dress windows as part Easter celerations - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 13:21
- New app offers UK children’s programmes in Spanish - 7 Mar, 2013 @ 10:18
- The ladies who made a difference - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 13:56
- Money over the bridge - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:10
- €400 incentive to increase youth employment - 5 Mar, 2013 @ 09:00
- Donkeys’ star status won’t save them from eviction - 4 Mar, 2013 @ 16:40
- Looking at the Labyrinth - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 14:36
- Ticket to the States! - 1 Mar, 2013 @ 12:00