- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Dying dad gets mercy mission lift home
• The Rahmoun family
SCORES of people have offered their help after reading about the heartbreaking story of a dad desperate to be with his children in the last weeks and months of his life.
Omar Rahmoun, 54, has lived in Zujar, in Andalucía, for nine years running a computer shop.
Earlier this year he was diagnosed with cancer which spread rapidly to his lungs, pancreas, intestines and kidneys.
After being told he had just months to live he sold up his shop and started to look for ways he could get back to Nottingham to be with his sons, Kamal, 20, and Malik, 11.
However, because he is almost constantly on oxygen to keep him alive he is unable to fly and the Olive Press appealed to anyone travelling back to the UK to see if they could drive him home.
Close friend, Eric Skilton, 60, said the response has been overwhelming.
He said: “The response to the article has been phenomonal.
“The phone rings about three to four times a day and I’ve received more than a dozen emails.
“One tearful call from a Spanish policeman in Malaga who was anxious to offer help was especially touching. It’s nice to know the Spanish also read the Olive Press.
“Some of the offers have been so generous.”
Omar is now due to travel back to the UK in the next few weeks.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…