- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Three family members found shot dead in Mijas on the Costa del Sol
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
GUARDIA Civil officers are investigating a suspected murder-suicide after a couple and their daughter were found shot dead on the Costa del Sol.
Sources close to the investigation suspect the man shot his wife and his daughter, who was believed to have Down’s Syndrome, before turning the gun on himself in their rented villa on the Torrenueva urbanisation in Mijas.
Neighbours named the family as Philip Wood, his wife Sheila and his daughter Sophie.
It is understood that a note left at the home said the daughter’s disability had become too much and had pushed them to the edge. It is thought the note was written by the man.
The UK Foreign Office said it was aware of the deaths, was liaising closely with the local police and was ‘ready to provide consular assistance’.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]
Most popular in the past week.
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Match in Equatorial Guinea causes outrage…