GUARDIA Civil officers are investigating a suspected murder-suicide after a couple and their daughter were found shot dead on the Costa del Sol.
Sources close to the investigation suspect the man shot his wife and his daughter, who was believed to have Down’s Syndrome, before turning the gun on himself in their rented villa on the Torrenueva urbanisation in Mijas.
Neighbours named the family as Philip Wood, his wife Sheila and his daughter Sophie.
It is understood that a note left at the home said the daughter’s disability had become too much and had pushed them to the edge. It is thought the note was written by the man.
The UK Foreign Office said it was aware of the deaths, was liaising closely with the local police and was ‘ready to provide consular assistance’.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33