- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Goya project collapses
August 22, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
August 22, 2013
La Cultura • 0 Comments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
CONSTRUCTION of a museum dedicated to Spanish artist Francisco Goya has been halted due to a lack of money.
The project was started in 2009 in order to house a growing collection of his work.
But the initiative has been stopped after funding for the construction of new museums was axed by the culture ministry.
Goya’s home town of Fuendetodos in Aragon, where the new space was being built, already has a museum dedicated to its favourite son.
The artist’s former home, which he lived in until the age of six, attracts 25,000 visitors a year having been renovated by the town hall.
Goya is one of Spain’s most famous artists due to his depictions of the Spanish Peninsular War, and inspired the likes of Manet and Picasso.
“The ministry, the organisation that has helped us the most to realise the museum, told us that there is no funding for museums in construction in 2013,” said Fuendetodos mayor, Joaquín Gimeno.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]