THE European Commission (EC) insists there are no ‘well-founded’ claims against Gibraltar on the issues of tax and money-laundering matters.
Commissioner Michel Barnier made the comments in response to written questions from Gibraltar MEP Graham Watson.
He pointed out that Gibraltar’s legislation in the relevant areas is up to date.
The EC verdict is a blow to Spain, which made accusations that Gibraltar is a tax haven and a centre for money-laundering.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40