- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Ridley Scott gives Three Kings the hump!
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
RIDLEY Scott is under fire for ruining a traditional Christmas procession in Telde, Gran Canaria.
But this year the filming of Scott’s biblical blockbuster Exodus on the nearby island of Fuerteventura has ruined the traditional plans.
The British movie director left locals fuming after he rented all the camels from a zoo for his latest film. It means there’s none left for the city’s annual Three Kings’ Parade.
Organisers are now being forced to look at alternative transportation for the gift-giving kings, who normally go on camel back.
The popular parade winds its way through the city’s streets every year on the evening of January 5, marking the night when the Three Kings arrived to see the baby Jesus.
Organisers have told youngsters not to worry and the Kings will still arrive in Telde.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]