YOUR eyes meet across the dining table, but you don’t whisper words of love.
The big question on your lips is: “Who are you?”
For booking a restaurant table online may be common – but how about booking a table at a complete stranger’s house?
Well, a new service has been launched in Andalucia giving people the chance to do just that.
The site – www.eatwith.com – which allows diners to register as a host and charge people to come round for dinner, has now expanded to include Andalucia.
Hosts post mouth-watering menus, along with drinks list, prices and logistical information.
One of the site’s founders – Guy Michlin – said he was inspired to create the slap-up meals with strangers after a friend-of-a-friend invited him to visit a Greek family’s home for dinner, giving him a different take on the country.
He said: “As a tourist, it’s easy to feel disconnected, like you’re walking in a bubble. The best way to break the bubble and enrich your connection to a place is to interact with real people in their own private spaces.”
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30