Take a look at the five most-read stories on the Olive Press website this week
Spanish men have been voted the world’s best lovers, according to an international poll.
And to rub salt into the wounds, England came second-last last – after German men – for being ‘too lazy’ in bed.
A Gran Canaria driver has been fined for simply TALKING to a passenger while driving. Armando Chiriqui, 41, was fined €80 for “driving a vehicle without maintaining constant attention to the road.”
The Golden Visa scheme has resulted in a 2,500% surge in interest from Middle Eastern property buyers in 2013-to-date. Asian and Russian investors have also been scoping out the market in much greater numbers, since the announcement that any non-EU national spending more than €500,000 will automatically be granted a residency permit.
Police have made an arrest after the shocking broad daylight murder of a 70-year-old grandma in Rincon de la Victoria. It comes after the pensioner Dolores RV was stabbed to death by a blonde woman in her 40s on the paseo maritimo in La Cala del Moral.
Five people were injured following an explosion in a hotel pool bar in Adeje on the south-west coast of the holiday island of Tenerife on Friday evening.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33