- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Almodovar’s NOT a paedophile!
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
THE Mayor of Mijas has denied accusing movie-maker Pedro Almodovar of being ‘a freak and a paedophile’.
Angel Nozal claims the comments – which appeared on his Facebook page – were written by a hacker.
The mayor was forced to make the denial after a screenshot of the page went viral.
The post appeared on a members-only PP page under a link to the film-maker’s criticism of the PP government at an award ceremony in Berlin.
It led to Almodovar’s brother Agustin, a producer, to defend him describing the actions of Nozal as ‘unfortunate for a public servant’.
Mijas PSOE party heavily criticised the mayor and demanded an explanation.
The mayor responded on Twitter, saying: “That is not my opinion and I did not publish that comment.”
His office claimed it was not the first time that someone had hacked into his account.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]