THE Mayor of Mijas has denied accusing movie-maker Pedro Almodovar of being ‘a freak and a paedophile’.
Angel Nozal claims the comments – which appeared on his Facebook page – were written by a hacker.
The mayor was forced to make the denial after a screenshot of the page went viral.
The post appeared on a members-only PP page under a link to the film-maker’s criticism of the PP government at an award ceremony in Berlin.
It led to Almodovar’s brother Agustin, a producer, to defend him describing the actions of Nozal as ‘unfortunate for a public servant’.
Mijas PSOE party heavily criticised the mayor and demanded an explanation.
The mayor responded on Twitter, saying: “That is not my opinion and I did not publish that comment.”
His office claimed it was not the first time that someone had hacked into his account.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40