GET those creative juices flowing and transform the contents of your bin for an innovative new art competition in Ronda, exhibiting works made entirely from recycled materials.
Volunteer group Ronda Limpia is calling for entrants for the competition, held as part of Ronda’s first ever environmental and recycling event ‘El dia Ronda Limpia’.
Backed by the town hall, the art will be exhibited at Ronda’s Palacio de Congreso during the green festival on Saturday May 17.
Anyone, of any age and ability, can enter the competition’s three categories: recycled art and sculptures, drawings inspired by a cleaner Ronda, and utility pieces created from recycled materials.
The green event – held on World Recycling Day – hopes to inspire the public to engage with the environment through a host of inventive activities.
Ronda’s town hall is lending the enchanting Santo Domingo convent as the centre for the event, while the recycled art will be exhibited in the beautiful adjoining chapel.
Abandoned for years, the convent reopened in 2005 as a museum and has since exhibited works by Goya, Miro and Picasso, as well as hosting the world launch of the PlayStation game ‘Gran Turismo 6’ last year.
All entries must be brought to the Santo Domingo convent from May 5-10, with a note of the name of the piece, the names of the creators, and a list of materials used.
The winners of each category will receive a diploma from the city of Ronda, a Ronda Limpia t-shirt, a bag, and many other gifts.
For more information, contact email@example.com, or if Spanish-speaking, call 952 873 240 (x3).
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05