DAVE Mahon has been returned to court to face trial for the murder of his partner Audrey’s 23-year-old son in Dublin last year.
Dean, a father of one, died from a stab wound in May 2013, sustained during an altercation with Mahon.
He had allegedly gone to confront Mahon over the disappearance of his sister Amy Fitzpatrick on New Year’s Day 2008.
Mahon, 43, was granted bail in his own bond of €10,000, with his father Michael Mahon as an independent surety in the sum of €5,000.
He was served with the book of evidence at Dublin District Court yesterday, but he has not yet entered his plea.
Mahon, dressed in a black pin-striped suit and with his walking stick, spoke briefly to the judge during the hearing, replying ‘I do yeah’ when asked if he understood.
His next appearance will be before June 5, but the date of his trial has not yet been set.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44