FAR from washing up in Marbella, the Beach Boys got this year’s Starlite festival off to a rapturous start.
Front man Mike Love, 73, belted out hits such as ‘Surfin’ USA’ and ‘Good Vibrations’, which had the whole crowd on their feet.
“We love it here in Andalucia,” he told the crowd, likening the Costa del Sol to the Californian beaches which inspired their music.
Love was joined by Bruce Johnston on stage, as the only two members from the group’s 2012 reunion, as well as four extra touring members.
Love’s daughter also came out to sing the song ‘Darling’.
The event, held in the Auditorio Marbella in the Nagueles quarry, was the first concert of a month long festival – including Tom Jones, Ricky Martin and the Pet Shop Boys.
After each night’s concert, the venue transforms into a nightclub with DJ’s and dancers long into the early hours.
For more information visit: www.starlitefestival.com/en/programming/concerts
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44